Want to take the next step into the real world of modelling?
Is it your dream to build a brand? Or become the next ‘face’, ambassador, actor, television host, MC, social media-based entrepreneur, or influencer?
Harvey James Management employs world-class trainers.
People who not only coach some of Australia’s most recognisable faces, but have years of experience working for fashion and media giants, and are successful entrepreneurs in their own right.
Harvey James’ objective is to bring global knowledge and professional industry skills to young Australians, giving them the greatest opportunity for exposure and to learn first hand the skills needed to enter and succeed in the industry.
Our students are taught skills that will encourage them to build self-confidence, practice professional etiquette and help them understand good decision making in an exciting and relevant environment.
HARVEY JAMES MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
INTRO TO THE HJM DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
‘Intro to the Harvey James Development Program’ with Jade Taylor, Harvey James Management via video conference
PRESENTATION – ILLUMINATE YOUR BEAUTY
‘Presentation-Illuminate Your Beauty’ with Georgina Morgan, Illuminate Your Beauty, Melbourne via video conference
NUTRITION – USING FOOD AS MEDICINE & HOLISTIC HEALTH
‘Nutrition-Using Food as Medicine & Holistic Health’ with Katherine Hay, Kaptured Nutrition, Byron Bay via video conference
BRANDING, REPUTATION & CASTING TECHNIQUES
‘Branding & Reputation Management’ with Kate Heussler entrepreneur & Mrs. Australia 2014 via video conference
‘Casting & Audition Techniques’ with Kate Heussler entrepreneur & Mrs. Australia 2014 via video conference
‘Catwalk Configurations’ with Peter Sereno International Pageant Trainer & founder of Dear Pageant Girl (in-person session Tasmania only)*
PHOTOGRAPHIC THEORY & HISTORY
‘Photographic Theory’ with Edward Mulvihill, Sydney Freelance Photographer in manual format
PORTFOLIO PHOTO SHOOT
‘Portfolio Photo Shoot’ with Heidi Hannele – Sydney Fashion & Commercial Photographer and founder of Lita Magazine in-person session (COVID Dependant)
‘Portfolio Photo Shoot’ with Ben Dilger – Hobart portrait, landscape, interiors, and lifestyle photographer in-person session
INTRO TO THE HJM DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Jade Taylor – Harvey James Management via video conference
- Industry Expectations
- Career opportunities
- Business Skills
- Agent & Talent Relationship
- Image consultancy
- Model KIT
- Morals, principles & values
ILLUMINATE YOUR BEAUTY
Georgina Morgan – Illuminate Your Beauty via video conference
- Unearth your inner beauty to radiate your appearance
- How you look can be measured by how you feel
- Skin types
- Skin diagnosis
- Common Skin Problems
- Skin Care & Products
- Prepping your skin for photoshoots
- Makeup/Where to apply
- Face Shape & Colouring
- Affordable essentials
- Useful websites/Resources
USING FOOD AS MEDICINE & HOLISTIC HEALTH
Katherine Hay – Kaptured Nutrition via video conference
- Wellness, Skin, food (eating to maintain skin health & important nutrients to focus on)
- Gut health and how this can impact the brain gut connection (depression / anxiety)
- How to support your body with food and lifestyle changes
- Understanding there is no ‘one size fits all approach’ to food and diet choices
- Why diets don’t work
- Health isn’t just about food it’s about lifestyle
- Finding the right people to surround yourself with and enjoying mindfulness
BRANDING, REPUTATION & CASTING TECHNIQUES
Kate Heussler – Entrepreneur via video conference
- First impressions & Introduction techniques
- Different platforms & their uses
- Role play
- Interview training & techniques
- Building your own profile in training
- Public figure profiles
- Social media etiquette
- Encountering the media
Peter Sereno – Freelance International Pageant Trainer & Founder of Dear Pageant Girl in-person session
- Catwalk configurations
- The different types of catwalk
- Classic fashion catwalk techniques
- Walking to different types of music
- Demonstration & practical theory
PHOTOGRAPHIC THEORY & STYLING FOR YOUR PORTFOLIO:
Edward Mulvihill – International Freelance Photographer in manual format
- Film “Reely and Truly” / No set path; every career is different
- References of other videos to further enhance your knowledge of photography
- The Industry – Learning historical references (Iconic Images / Image Makers)
- The Individual – Creating a professional persona / Understanding your Market / Who you appeal to
- How to target your market through the photographers you work with
- Understanding that you are a blank canvas for the client
- Physical Intelligence – Control and awareness of your body / Creating emotion
- Interpersonal Relationships – Understanding the social relations on set / Being part of a team / Understanding the nature of the photographic industry / The role of nudity / boundaries and protecting yourself / Developing a professional attitude / Commitment to career
- The Product – Reading and understanding references and visual communication (semiotics) / Separating the elements of an image (Light, form, emotion, H&M)
Heidi Hannele – Sydney based fashion, beauty, and commercial photographer in-person session
Ben Dilger – Hobart portrait, landscape, interiors and lifestyle photographer in-person session
- Portfolio Photoshoot
- Hair & Makeup Prep
- Photoshoot with posing coach & photographer
To apply for our Development Program, please fill out the HJM development program form below.
Please include images as requested.
Enrolment is at the discretion of the HJM Development Team.
Persons under 18 years require parental or guardian permission to apply.
We consider our programs an investment. The aim is to impact the lives of young Australians for the better, to teach important life and business skills, and to create a culture within our agency that is hard-working, healthy, and welcoming.
If you have any questions, please contact our development team at email@example.com
Once you have been enrolled in the Harvey James Management Development Program, all of our trainers remain mentors for life, long after you graduate and begin your modelling career.
We love nothing more than offering support and seeing our talent grow.
Support is offered after through updated development information, email updates, social media groups, free information sessions, portfolio update offers and you are always welcome to call, video conference, or come in and say hello.
Harvey James Management
– – – –
*More testimonials regarding our trainers/mentors & development program from graduated students are available for your perusal
HJM DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM TESTIMONIALS
‘I enrolled in the Harvey James Management model training in the hopes of gaining more insight into the modelling industry, and to help start my career. Harvey James Management went above and beyond to provide me with this, and through the incredible trainers I met in the course, I was able to gain important knowledge that I believe will strongly benefit not only my modelling career, but my everyday life. All the workshops were presented in an exceptionally organised, and professional manner, with certain aspects tailored to meet each different model’s needs. I would happily recommend Harvey James Management to anyone wanting to get into the modelling industry, or to anyone just wanting to gain more confidence, in a warm and welcoming environment.’
‘I really appreciated the one on one time that we got with the trainers to help understand what is needed for each of us individually. The trainers were also very kind and had a relaxed vibe, so it was easy to get along with them and nothing was awkward. I liked the folder with printed information that we could refer to later and I enjoyed working and talking to the other girls in the course.’